Zionist Dream

The trials, tribulations and unsolicited opinions as I Daniel Reed, together with my family, try and pursue the Zionist Dream.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

More Banana Republic Blues

I was all depressed from my post a few days ago about Israel being a banana republic and actually resolved to write something more positive by the end of the week. Perhaps this weekend's Jerusalem Post would have something. Well, I glance at the front page and what headline do I see but: Anti-corruption Czar to be Probed.
Yes, that's right the man in the State Comptrollers office in charge of spotting and weeding out corruption is being investigated for just that. And what's the allegation? Influence peddling and possible bribery to get another government post. What government post you ask? Why, that of police inspector general!!!!
This is definitely the Israel banana republic moment of the week!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home